Let’s face it: Everyone wants a whiter smile. Teeth can become stained by drinking coffee and tea, smoking cigarettes, taking certain medications and simply the aging process. So what makes someone a good candidate for teeth whitening?
Generally speaking, patients with healthy teeth and gums are the best candidates for this type of procedure. Here are some examples of good candidates for bleaching:
- Someone looking to brighten their natural smile a few shades
- Patients who need fillings or crowns and want their color to match a whiter smile
- Someone in good dental health who wants a more immediate and dramatic result than whitening toothpastes
If you fall into any of the following categories, on the other hand, teeth whitening may not be right for you:
- Children under the age of 16
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Anyone with sensitive teeth or peroxide allergies
- Individuals with gum disease, worn enamel, cavities and/or exposed roots
- People with fillings, crowns and certain other restorations
- Those with unrealistic expectations
Keep in mind that these are very broad guidelines. It’s best to schedule a consultation with your dentist for a more personalized answer.
Here at integratedDENTAL, we offer Zoom White Speed — a fast and safe procedure powered by innovative technology. Give us a call at 516.677.9010 to schedule a consultation and treatment today. You’re just one office visit away from whiter teeth!