A doctor will recommend root canal therapy when the soft tissue inside a tooth, aka the pulp, has become inflamed or infected. But without visiting your dentist, it may be difficult to tell if you need a root canal. Tooth pain can be caused by anything from gum recession to loose fillings.
Think you might need a root canal? Look for the following warning signs:
- Signs of severe infection
- Intense tooth pain when eating
- Serious tooth pain when pressure is applied on the area
- Tooth sensitivity to hot and cold that lingers
- A tiny, blemish-like bump on the gums close to the area of tooth pain
- Darkening of the tooth
- Soreness and swelling in the gums close to the area of tooth pain
If you notice any of these indicators, you may very well need a root canal. Still, you’ll have to see your dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
The integratedDENTAL team performs root canals utilizing rotary endodontics, a new state-of-the-art instrumentation that allows for improved cleaning and shaping of your root canal. Our patients appreciate the fact that this technique also eliminates the “drilling” noise commonly associated with root canals.
Don’t put off that root canal any longer. We can treat your tooth now to keep it intact and healthy looking. For expert care from the integratedDENTAL health care team, call us today at 516.677.9010.