COVID Precautions at integratedDENTAL
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We have taken numerous additional steps to go above and beyond the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) currently available to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. We wanted to take this opportunity to inform you of the new infection control measures we are taking and the new office protocols we have put into place to ensure your safety during your upcoming dental appointment. Please take the time to review these items below:
NEW INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES
Please note that while we have always practiced the strictest infection control and universal precautions, we have made some new investments to improve the safety of our office environment for our patients. These include:
- Medify HEPA Air Purifiers– these H13 medical grade HEPA air purifies capture 99% of all particles down to 0.1 microns. We will have one within each treatment room and in the front desk area. You can learn more about them here.
- Isolite Suctions and A~flexX Assist Arm units– for any treatment that is likely to produce aerosols we will require the use of the Isolite suction, an intraoral suction device that studies have shown is more effective in reducing airborne particles helping decrease exposure to bacteria and airborne pathogens. For those patients that cannot tolerate the Isolite units, we will use the A~flexX Assist Arm.
- Office Sanitization 3xDay with HCOL Fogging– this extensive sanitization fogging procedure using hypochlorous acid (which is safe for consumption while effective at killing viral particles) will help keep our office a safe environment.
- Extensive PPE– our doctors and staff will be looking a bit different after the COVID-19 pandemic. We will now be wearing extensive personal protective gear, like face shields, disposable full gowns and surgical caps, KN95 masks, and more, in an effort to best keep everyone healthy.
NEW RULES FOR PATIENTS
Please take the time to review these new patient rules
- Please make sure to bring a face mask with you to your appointment. You will be required to it wear while in our office.
- Please note that we will be pre-screening all patients prior to bringing them into the office with a questionnaire and non-contact temperature reading to ensure no one with active disease enters the office
- Please be mindful to practice respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette and social distancing while in our office
- Please note that only essential escorts will be allowed into the office and none will be allowed in the operatories
- Please note that the doctors will likely recommend doing quadrant dentistry to treat as much dental disease as possible during your appointment. This is done to limit the number of appointments needed and efficiently address the dental disease that has been unaddressed and likely progressed during the mandated NYS PAUSE office closure.
Our patients and staff health and safety is our number one priority. We hope that with all these new safety measures we will be able to offer everyone the safe environment and peace of mind needed to comfortably address their dental health. We look forward to seeing you soon!